OCYA Information for Children & Youth

I think I need…

…to talk to an advocate, or to find out about getting a LRCY lawyer? Then contact us.
The most important thing we can tell you is that if you feel you need someone who is there just for you, to help you solve a problem, then give us a call. Even if you’re not sure we can help, it is ok to call and ask.

How do I reach you?

Call an intake worker at 1 (800) 661-3446, or send us an email and let us know you want to talk.

What happens then?

When you contact the OCYA, a friendly intake worker will talk to you and they may give you some suggestions and advice. An advocate and/or lawyer may become involved with you as a result of your contact with our office.

What if I’m not so sure I want help?

Give us a call and we can figure it out together whether you want our help.

Who can you help?

The OCYA provides advocacy for young people who are receiving (or want to receive) child intervention services, or who are involved with the youth justice system. Not sure whether that includes you? Call us and find out. We can help you figure out what you need.

What can you help me do?

We help young people speak up for themselves and to ensure that their rights, interests and viewpoints are respected.

The people making decisions about your life can make better decisions if they hear YOUR point of view.